Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 9 (email sent 2/25)


Hi Everyone!

Yesterday was awesome! We had 2 baptisms! José Antonio and Stacy. It was amazing and they were both so happy. Stacy's baptism almost didn't happen because it was supposed to snow yesterday and her mom was worried that if she made a bunch of food, it wouldn't get eaten. We had to go over to their house Sunday morning to convince her that the baptism is more important than the food. I'm very glad she came around. We made stacy a prayer pillow the other day to help her to remember to say her prayers at night, and she loved it. It was a great experience seeing them both get baptized. José was the one who I extended the invitation to be baptized one of my first days here. 

So my mp3 player I have is stupid and only decides to work every once and a while, and recently it deleted all the songs except for the christmas ones haha. Soooo if any of you happen to be putting together a package for me, it wouldn't mind there being some CDs in there ;) 

Last week I met 2 sisters that were 19 years old! It was crazy, they were so little and doe-eyed, but there were excited to be here. It's a big difference to see them compared to my companion who is 25 and also goes home in a couple weeks. She has been sad and afraid to return the civilian life, so I've been trying to keep her spirits up. 

I found this talk by Elder Bendar in and Ensign and I loved it. I didn't have a change to finish it but I wanted to share it with you. I love the way he puts things that makes it very clear. It talks about the enabling power of the atonement, it mentions how when nephi was bound with rope by his brothers he didn't pray to change his circumstance, he prayed for the strength to change his circumstance. This is a very important thing for us to remember. The atonement doesn't make our trails disappear, it gives us the strength to overcome them.


Anyway I love you all and hope you are doing great! Remember to do missionary work! All it takes is to invite someone to come closer to Christ, even if it is just something small they can do.

Con Amor,
Hermana Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment