Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 7 (email sent 2/11)

Hey Everyone,

I'm alive!! The storm "Nemo" hit and we were stuck inside our apartment for 2 days. This is a picture of our car after we were finally okayed to go outside on saturday, but the city still had a restriction on driving. It was a $500 fine and if you caused an accident it was a year in jail. We just went around the complex and helped people dig out their cars. A lot of people wouldn't accept our help though. Some thought we were expecting money. That is just really sad to me. Can't someone do a good deed anymore without expecting money? My poor Puerto Rican companion just about froze though. She had never seen more than a few inches of snow. We were finally okayed to drive yesterday morning but church had been cancelled. So we went around trying to visit everyone we knew but only got in to 2 houses, it was a little frustrating. Also, because of the storm Jose Antonio's baptism had been moved to next week. And stacy's baptism is being moved to 2 weeks. So I don't have any pictures to show you yet but I do have a picture of the guy who was baptized last week. He still isn't confirmed yet since church was cancelled yesterday. There is always something that I think of during the week that I want to tell you guys but by the time I get here I don't remember it so I'm going to go now. Love you!

Con Amor,
Hermana Jacobsen





No comments:

Post a Comment