Saturday, December 8, 2012

Week 5

Hola Familia!
How was your Thanksgiving? I was glad to hear that you were able to have a lot of people there! Thanksgiving here was pretty good. It was Elder Holland who came and spoke to us :D. He is such a rock star! He talked about how blessed we are for living in this dispensation, the first dispensation not ending in apostasy. The prophets of old preached even though they knew that eventually no one will accept it, but they were diligent so they could perhaps bring one soul unto God, and that would give them great joy. I hope to bring more than one soul unto God on my mission but even if it is just one, that would be great too. Elder also talked about how missionaries say "when I get back to real life" and he said in bold but loving voice he has "this is real life! What you are doing right now is the closest to what I do every day, which is waking up and working from morning to night on saving human souls" (or something like that). The spirit was just so strong from the moment he walked into the room. I am so happy I had the opportunity to see him. We had "dinner" at 12:00. It was pretty good, but not as good as the food at home. I couldn't stuff myself because I still had the rest of the day ahead of me. We had a service project where we made medical and school kits for kids in Africa. It was cool to see 1000 missionaries ( 1/2 of the MTC) in the same room making these kits while singing called to serve. 
We have officially started playing Christmas music in my room. One of the ones my companion plays is the one that Sheila usually puts on to wake us all up. I told her it's fine to play it right now but it might make me depressed later.
I see a bunch of people that I know here. There are a couple friends from SC, I see Sister Ali Nielsen, my friend Sister Shayla Rowley, and today I saw someone I've known since elementary school Sister Malinda Bennett. Oh I've also seen Elder Bryson Moeller.
I'm excited to go out into the field but want my Spanish to be better first. My companion is counting down the days, 19 more haha. 
Well I love all of you and hope you are doing well! 
Con Amor,
Hermana Jacobsen

p.s. Write me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment