Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 22


Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've written all of you, sorry about that. Things have been going great over here!

A couple weeks ago we went to the temple with Jeffrey and some other youth so they could do some baptisms for the dead. We didn't know that you had to have the priesthood before you could get a temple recommend, and the branch president forgot. So Jeffrey got the priesthood that same day in the waiting room of the temple. It was so awesome to see him, he had the biggest smile on his face. Yesterday he passed the sacrament!  He was so excited and nervous. 
Transfers are coming up next week and I'm thinking I might be transferred, so if any of you were planning on sending me something (not that any of you were) you might want to wait in case I get a new address. Or you could always send it to the mission home and that will always get to me anywhere I'm at. I'd be sad to leave this area but I've been here for over 5 months now so I feel like I might get moved. Especially since we have 18 sisters coming in this next transfer! I will find out on saturday and will let you know next P-day, which will be on wednesday. 

We had a mini missionary with us this weekend! Our mission does this thing where the youth can get sent out to a different stake and spend a few days with the missionaries there and do what they do. We got a 16 year old from Brockton. She was so cute and had a great testimony.   

Oh that less active I said we were going to visit when I talked to you on mother's day, that day she told us that she didn't feel like she needed to go to church. So on saturday we were teaching her about the sacrament and she still seemed pretty set on not going but then at the end of the lesson she was like I've decided to go to church tomorrow. I think my jaw dropped haha. She was at church yesterday for the first time in about 15 years, it was a real miracle. She only stayed for sacrament but she said one step at a time and that she's coming back next week too.

Well I love you all and hope you are doing well! 

Love, 
Hna Jacobsen 

Jeffrey's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment