Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First Email from Boston!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you had an awesome Christmas and New Year! Mine was pretty good. I'm writing on a wednesday because the library was closed on monday so we just had to find a different time to do our emails. I love Boston! It is so pretty here. I am still adjusting being out of the MTC and out into the world again but this time as a missionary. It's pretty different. I am starting to get used to being exhausted by the end of the day. Even though I felt like I could learn everything I could from the MTC, there is still a long way to go. Spanish is like a constant stream of sound and the people like to tell really long stories, so I start to fall asleep. I can only concentrate on trying to understand what they are saying for so long, and after 10 or 15 mins of them just talking is when I just concentrate on staying awake. But it is getting better and I understand more and more every day, unless they are Dominican, then I usually have no idea. I love being out and about and teaching. We don't get out until after lunch though and it makes me feel like a bad missionary, even though I'm doing what I'm supposed to. I just have 4 hours of study in the morning from 8-12, doing personal, companion, language, and training. The training is just for my first 12 weeks though and then after that I will only have 3 hours of study, until I am training someone. We have a baptism coming up in the next couple of weeks! His name is Jose Antonio and he is 12 years old. He lives with his grandparents who a less active members. What is interessting is that they speak spanish and he speaks English. They can speak a little English but not a whole lot. My companion had me extend the baptisimal invitation my 2nd day here. I was really excited when he said yes. I hope we can get him ready soon enough though, we haven't been able to go over in a little while because his grandma has been working a lot and we haven't gotten a member to come with us for us to go into his house. Well I am going to go so I can send you some pics too. Love you!


Con Amor,
Hermana Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment