Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week 32


Hey everyone!

Yesterday was a crazy day. We had a baptism of an 11 year old investigator named Steven, he is so awesome. His mom was a less active but now she has come back and we are working on getting her a calling. It was the craziest baptism I have ever had, everything that could go wrong did. I hadn't had a baptism in this area yet so I wasn't completely sure of the logistics in this building, and no one told me that it takes like 3 hours for the font to fill with hot water, so we had to fill it with cold water. Poor guy, at least he only had to go under once. The printer wasn't working so we couldn't print the programs. The bishop told me that he would call the relief society president to ask people to bring food for after but the day before, he called me and said that they couldn't do it because of fast sunday (which didn't stop them in my last area). So we planned a little gathering at a member's house and she said that she would take care of it all, and then when we got to church she asked if I called everyone to see if they were bringing something. I know that I didn't misunderstand her because a native speaking elder also said that she told us she would take care of it. I had to give a talk at the baptism and in the middle of it a little girl got her fingers smashed in the door, so there were cries of bloody murder. There were other children who were restless throughout. But we did it, he got baptized, his mom was happy and gave the closing prayer. I will have to send pics next week. Well I have to get going but I love you. Thanks for your prayers, they give me strength every day!

Love,
Hna Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment