Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Week 18 (6 month mark!)


Hello Everyone!

It feels like it's been a long time since I have actually written something to you all. This has been a great week! Yesterday we had a baptism of the best 12 year old boy ever! His name is Jeffrey and he just came in to church one day and said that he wanted to be baptized. He would amaze us in every lesson we taught with him. He has already made friends with all of the youth in the branch. His mom is a member but was really less active. She has been coming to church with him now and I love them both. She bore her testimony yesterday which brought tears to Jeffrey's eyes. The spirit was so strong there. My camera was dead yesterday (I think it keeps getting turned on inside my bag) so I had to use an elder's camera, so I don't have the picture yet. 

The weather has been really nice here and we drive around with our windows down. We just have to be careful with some of the crazies walking around. haha just kidding. Sheila! We have our very own "Dizzy!" He is well known for dancing at a certain street corner. I will have to get a video of him. I am still here in Lynn for another 6 weeks! I am not going to know what to do if I get transferred to a different area. I will feel like a greenie all over again!

I got a nice compliment yesterday. This lady asked me how long I have been learning spanish and I said 6 months and she said wow you speak really well, I thought it was 3 years! That made me very happy. I understand most of what I hear, and I can say what I want for the most part. How is the Greek coming with you guys? Do you think anyone in Greece speaks Spanish? haha. Well I love you all and hope you are doing well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment